Friday, July 17, 2015

Which Alaska cruise for you ? Tis the planning season for 2016. Discover insight from your agent.


There’s so many choices, right ?
Do you want 2 glaciers or do you want 4 ports ?
Which glacier do you want to see ?
Should you go Northbound or South ?
What month to sail ?
Which cruise line do you choose ?
Will you be including a land package with your cruise ?

Alaska, like Europe, is not a destination that you can call and say, “how much is it”.  There’s lots of choice.  The above list only names a few !

I would start by calling your agent.  Find out if they have Alaska experience. 

Sure it’s great to get insight from family/friends who have been to Alaska or even from chat lines or FB groups.  But in reality, do these folks really know YOU ?  Do you like the same things as they do ?

In general, Princess and Holland America are the King/Queen of Alaska.  Meaning, they have been sailing to Alaska, many more years than the other cruise lines.  But it doesn’t mean that other cruise lines won’t do a good job.  I receive great reviews from folks sailing with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity too.  FYI, I have never sailed on Carnival nor Norwegian to Alaska. 
 
I have a cruise planned now for June 27 on Norwegian … Come join me !  Though I will be sailing Northbound, I will not be including a land package.  However, I plan to partake in the Alaska rail service, from Seward to Anchorage, which I love !

When including a land package with your cruise, you'll want to learn, which part of the Alaska rail services is included in your package ?  My 1st choice is at least Denali to Anchorage (or maybe vice-versa).  And whether your package allows you enough time in Denali, just to partake in the minimums offered ?

And if choosing North/Southbound cruise, do you want the longer flight to Alaska first, or after ?  And why you might want the cruise first or after ?  And how much time I will have in each port ?

Since I’ve been to Alaska 13 times, I do have my rather !  I prefer southbound, yet I enjoy Northbound and leaving from Vancouver, versus roundtrip Seattle.  I enjoy at least touching Anchorage, even if not spending any time here.
 
I’m also interested in which Glacier I will see. 
 
And though my 1st choice might be Princess, when including a land package, so that I can enjoy their observation car on the rail, their “views” from their hotels, and an opportunity to stay at their location in Mnt McKinley ... I also love sailing to/from Seward and including the mountainous rail services, to/from Anchorage.

Alaska is Fun.  No matter what you choose, you will partake in an Alaska experience.  However, call your agent before committing.  Discover what you choice is really giving you out of the deal … Or what it’s not.  Sometimes only another $100 or 2, could get you a little more !

Tis the season .... Folks are booking 2016.  Land tour packages are already selling out with the cruise lines.  Remember, even if the ship holds 2500 folks, there may only be space for 20 guests on any given land package.  That's not a lot of space ...

ACT QUICKLY !  July is a big month for next year sales
Have you seen Princess drink offer (includes coffee, tea, gelato, soft drinks, bottled water, juices) ?  Wow !
 

No comments:

Post a Comment