Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Customers ask me, What do I like most about Skagway ?




Today, someone asked me, what I liked most about Skagway.  Love talking about Alaska, especially Skagway !  And my answer … LOTS !  To name a few … 

·         The “shoot-out-town” atmosphere.

·         White Pass Railroad.  I prefer to continue, with an available tour, into the Yukon, each time I go there !

·         The White Pass Railroad train, comes to the ship for boarding (as long as you buy your package from the cruise line and not the rail road).

·         It’s not too far from the ship to the town.  Can walk but I prefer to take the shuttle !

·         The shopping.  Whether its souvenirs or jewelry (vendors come up from the Caribbean.

·         The Red Onion Saloon.  Here, you can take a tour of the ol’ bordello !  Ladies dress in can-can-style outfits.  You can buy souvenirs here too.

·         Seeing the “street cars”, where you can take a tour of the old town.

·         The Days of ’98 little theater.

 
Oh, there’s so much more.  Need to check out the many tours available !

But before even deciding what you want to do here ... Be sure you've planned a cruise that offers you lots of time in Skagway.  So you can take the tour of your choice AND have some time to enjoy the it’s town !
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment