Wednesday, May 20, 2015

When is the best time to visit Alaska ? Already seeing some great value opportunities still available for 2015.




Per Alaska.org:  So When's the Best Season to Visit Alaska?

“Put it all together, and we peg June 15 - July 15 as the best time to visit Alaska. But not everyone can visit during that month window, and that's no problem. Alaska weather is not predictable. You can come in August and bask in sunshine or in June and face "horizontal rain" (driving rain plus strong winds). Alaskans have learned not to let weather interfere with their plans—or mood. The trick is to know how to dress and what to wear in Alaska. Plus, we remind ourselves: if the weather were better, it wouldn't stay Alaska for long; it would start to look more like Los Angeles”.
 
-------------
 
Well, the cruising season has begun for 2015 in Alaska, till September.  Folks already talking about the beauty and the great weather Alaska is having.  Have several clients there now !
 
On my cell phone, I keep the different ports ready available for me to watch the weather.  2014 also started out with some great weather.  So we’ll all be curious in following through with this year’s season.
 
My preferred choice in visiting Alaska is May and September.  I love to see as much snow as possible, still on the mountains, that May might bring !  And at the end of the season, I enjoy all the great shopping opportunities !
 
Many folks can only cruise between end of June and mid-August, because of school … Whether it’s families or teachers.  This is partly why this is more of the Peak Season of travel.  Also, Salmon begin running near end of June.  And everyone is hoping for the more warmer weather.
 
But like Alaska.org said above, Alaska weather is totally unpredictable.  Need to dress in layers.  And what could start out a cooler day in the morning, can possibly do some warming up by end of day !
 
Can often rain in Alaska !  Luckily, I don’t that as true when I am there.  Folks living there, are always expressing, how they can’t believe no rain for the day !  I like to think it is because I am there, and the weather is choosing to do good by me and my friends !  Hehe.
 
Alaska is a beautiful place to visit !  Over and over again !  I know I can’t get enough of going there !  
 

Already seeing some great savings available for 2015.  There’s a 2 week on Holland American, end of May, that I would love to embark on myself. 

Oh well, if I don’t personally make it to Alaska this year, I certainly hope to in 2016.  I’m looking at dates now, and have already reserved myself a spot on Norwegian in June (2016).  Call me & Come join us !

No comments:

Post a Comment