Thursday, May 23, 2013

Where is Mendenhall Glacier. Hold this on your bucket list.


I will not be writing in this blog next week.  I am traveling single (on a cruise in Canada).



Where is Mendenhall Glacier ?  Hold this on your bucket list.

In the port of Juneau.  About 10 minutes from town.

Is it worth seeing ? 

I think it is. 

I’ve been there, a many of time, to re-view again !

Sometimes, I don’t even take a shore tour, and just buy the transfers, out to see the glacier, from town (such as, just outside of a HA ship, near Red Onion Saloon.  The cost is about $25 round trip.

Another good price package in seeing the glacier, is when including this with a whale watching tour.

Another is … Canoeing with a tour group, all the way out to the glacier.

You can even ride the city bus for a couple of dollars !

Or why not, take a helicopter up on top of the glacier !

The above are some of the ways I have had the opportunity to see this glacier.
 
It's time to book your cruise today !  (434/800) 237-3832

No comments:

Post a Comment