Friday, May 3, 2013

If you have yet to go to Alaska, WHY ?



If you have yet to go to Alaska, WHY ?

 
Cold ? 

Yes, it can be.  And the weather is also unpredictable.  You could plan to go in July, the warmest time, and it have a cold front come in !  It’s true !

Do you not go to work and miss your paycheck, cause it’s snow and cold outside ?  Then know, it’s not worth missing Alaska, just cause it could be cold !

In general, I can not stand cold weather !  I seldom go out, at home, when it’s cold !  However, I’ve been to Alaska 12 times, and I only “wish” I could go, 2-3 times, EVERY SUMMER !

I’ve been fortunate, I’ve seen very little bad weather in Alaska.  That's why many folks like to go when I go ... due to my luck !  Even folks in Alaska will say, "wow, today is a day we've not seen in awhile".  I reply, it's always good for me.
One year, May 10, it was rainy cold while in Juneau.  Yet one year, May 5, it was 75 degees, after crossing the “date line” from Japan, on a 19 day cruise !

I tend to go a lot in May , due to pricing, so I take a chance on it being colder, or just had another snow before I arrive (never has it been in the roads; usually, just in the mountains, and last year, Seward had snow on the side of the road, as we left by train, headed to Anchorage). 

I also go a lot in September, again, due to pricing.  Plus, I love all the end of the season sales !  I’m a shopper !

No matter ... As much as I can not stand cold, the mountains and the serenity Alaska offers, if 200% worth it !  The eagles ... The whales ... The dungenous crab !  All worth it !  And most the time, I need very little more than a light jacket !  Some days in Ketchikan, it gets so hot while there, we're pealing off the layers !  It's worth it !

 
Cost ? 

The airfare can be pricy.  Keep in mind, lowest pricing on airfare is usually round trip Seattle cruises. 

North or Southbound cruises, where you do touch Anchorage, is often around $1,000 pp (about $250 pp more than r/t Seattle).  However, the cruise are often cheaper, so it can even out.

Being a totally Lynchburg airport flyer, instead, sometimes, I will fly in and out of Washington (IAD only), and then take the train up and back, from Lynchburg.

Also, as mentioned above, I often go in May or September, to keep pricing down.

And, Holland America often has last minute cruise pricing, and this is why I have gone to many times, to Alaska, on Holland America.  But know … Even though you’ll see great pricing, a month or so before sailing, the great rates also come out by around January !  So you don’t have to wait till April to decide on a May cruise !

What’s really pricy is a package that includes land.  The best advice I have, if it’s just too much for you, but you want to include land is … (1)  See Holland America and even Princess land specials.  (2) Call me, and I can suggest, “simple” packages, that you can put together, that includes Anchorage only, or Anchorage & Denali.

There’s more than one way to skin a cat, to get descent rates, so you can go !  All you have to do is call me, and I’ll give you as much scoop as I can !

 
Haven’t found time ? 

Ewww, that’s sad.  We’re not promised tomorrow.  Get Alaska on your priority list now !
It's said, by a many a well-known coach, that if you don't have time to diet, time for yourself, excerise, etc, then YOU NEED THE MOST !  Listen to the cries of your body !
 
For coaching needs and/or, to get away to Alaska, call me (434/800) 237-3832, press 6.  Then choose the right option for you !
PS.  I have a 5N Exclusive Customerized land package & 7N Royal Caribbean cruises (southbound) planned for August 10, 2014.  Join us !  See the details ...  HURRY !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment