Friday, November 30, 2012

Tips from an Alaskan



Wow, it's been snowing in Juneau and Skagway this week, with expectations of snow in Ketchikan !  I noticed Anchorage temps got down to -2 one day this week !  I have an apt on my cell phone that keeps me informed of the weather in Alaska.


In “My Alaska” Newsletter, from TravelAlaska.com this month, there were some tips from Alaskans.

 
Seward
is a cute little town. I love visiting here ! Mostly I love the mountains and seeing all the sail and motor boats in port. Besides cruising from Seward on many a cruise ship, I have taken a boat tour into the Kenai Fjords to see many more glaciers; and from here, headed towards Anchorage, I have been to Exit Glacier twice, and love Portage Glacier and the Wildlife Preserve.
See what Paul Paquette has to say on Seward. http://www.travelalaska.com/Experience%20Alaska/Alaska%20Locals/Paul%20Paquette.aspx?utm_source=3141&utm_medium=ad
 
Juneau
is always fun. I love walking the streets; shopping; going to Mendenhall Glacier (by bus and I have paddled a canoe there); taking the tram over top the city; and feasting on Dungeness Crab ! Also visiting the Red Dog Saloon to listening to the music and view their décor.
See what Bill Spear says about what he loves about Juneau:http://www.travelalaska.com/Experience%20Alaska/Alaska%20Locals/Bill%20Spear.aspx  



Fairbanks
offers much history. If I’m including this in my itinerary, I always love revisiting the River Boat Discovery and Gold Dredge.
See what Dermot Cole says in what to do in Fairbanks:http://www.travelalaska.com/Experience%20Alaska/Alaska%20Locals/Dermot%20Cole.aspx  



Where is your favorite destination in Alaska ?


No comments:

Post a Comment