Saturday, February 9, 2013

Top Chef Show on Celebrity cruise in Alaska


Today, as I was working, I turned the station, and saw that the "Top Chef" would be venturing on a cruise.  So of course, I immediately wanted to stay with watching this.

Next, I soon discover, they are in Alaska !  Yippy !  Double want to see the show !  Right off, I recognized a Holland America ship and a local outside restaurant near by, in Juneau !

The chef's had to prepare a dish for a Salmon Bake.  Wouldn't I have loved to have been one of the participants, with an opportunity, to have been in Alaska, at that salmon bake, to have tried those dishes !  Would love to see, Salmon Bakes in Alaska, put a little more flare in their dishes ! 

Salmon bake is not at all, a choice of mine, when I go to Alaska. The reasons being:
1.  Salmon is served on the ship; I have even had it from an ouside grill on deck - Yum.  To me, that's the best way.
2.  Cause the whole tour is only about 2 hours long; by the time you ride out there and back; then eat; the show, if any, usually has to be done while you eat.  I would love them better, if they were about 5 hours long.  First, enjoy time around a fire, that maybe include some singing or a show; then later, watch the salmon being prepared, along with tips on cooking salmon; then the meal; and then another show or time on your own after.   That would be my ideal Salmon Bake; otherwise, I do not choose this option when in Alaska.
3.  There is so much to do in Alaska (Ex. Juneau - Mendenhall Glacier and Whale watching and go to the Red Dog Saloon), that if you take the time, to do a salmon bake, you are going to miss out on so many other choices.  Usually, the Salmon Bake is in the day; so it's not like it's an evening of entertainment and dining.  There is so much to do in Alaska.  Maybe if you have been as many times as I have (12), maybe it's time to take in a Salmon Bake, if there's nothing else left to try out !

But don't listen to me.  If you have always wanted to do a salmon bake, while in Alaska, you should not miss out on the opportunity, or you may come home disappointed, that you did not try !  And remember, a salmon bake is great for an activity that is less straining and stressful, so it may be, just the right tour for you !



 

No comments:

Post a Comment