Friday, August 3, 2012

Great Shopping Opportunities in Alaska


Who loves to shop ?

There’s most certainly different kinds of shopping, and at the same time, different kinds of shoppers !

Unlike many women, my taste in shopping is not clothes looking/buying. Once or twice a year, I specifically go out to the store, and buy needed shirts or pants, etc, and get it all done with at one time. Which then, unfortunately, the other cloth items, in the closet, tend to just “sit”, though they may still be wearable !

Personally, I’m a collector. I love souvenirs, to reminder me of my many travel destinations. “I love stuff” !
Bing definition of “collector”: Somebody who collects objects: somebody who accumulates objects for their interest, value, or beauty.

Jewelry is also a weakness. Though I have lots of costume earnings and necklaces, more valuable items, I don’t prefer these sit, but would rather wear them “all” each time I go out !
Well, both these type items can most definitely be found in Alaska. After 12 times there, I find new things to purchase and bring home each time !

You’ve heard how great jewelry shopping is in the Caribbean ? Well, believe it or not, many of these vendors move up to Alaska during the cruise season of May to September. So if you’re looking for bargains, like the Caribbean, don’t forget Alaska for your bucket list.

My 7th time to Alaska was in September. Wow, did I find the bargains at the end of the season. So then I revisited my # 8, #10, & #11, again, in September, to capture savings. This year in 2012, I decided to try May again. I wasn’t as much in the shopping mood this time, however, I still picked up to pieces of jewelry, and re-learned, there are deals all the time. I was after “brown quartz” and “lavender jade”. Love them !

There is so much to do in Alaska, but truly, if you are a shopper, like I am to collections, be sure to have amble time in port to satisfy your appetite ! When you call me for a cruise, “one” of the most important things, that I suggest cruisers place in their cruise planning decision, is to look at “times in port”. For me this is valuable. If the ship leaves at 12:30 or 1pm or even 3pm from any port, I better like everything else about that cruise, to accept this “not enough time” in port.
 
 

Here’s a few items from my Alaska travels. Note, they are all for sale, as my original intension, in years of collecting, was to open an Art & Trinket store. Too many other current goals, so it’s time to let them go.
 















Outfit that of Alaskan Indian culture.










Like Marble.









Marble.









Whale painting on Salmon skin.  Artist now moved away.













Dolphin painting on Salmon skin.  Artist now moved away.










Alaskan art.  This is the Alaska drawing of a bear in the background.  I have 9 other pictures, such as an eagle, the sun, etc. 






Parkay type wood bear.
Collector pictures from the Alaska Railroad.  I have 2 more. 

Made of ash from Mnt St Helen eruption.



Happy Shopping in Alaska !




See other trinkets around the World, available for purchase, where pricing is listed on CraigsList. Go here:
www.CruiseTrinketsAndArt.com
Or here:
hhtp://vwebb.cruisesinc.com/travel/admin/CMSTemplates/DisplayDraft.html?draft_display=true&edOid=1611909162









No comments:

Post a Comment